Dope Baddie Body Challenge Day 4 Recap

I am oddly energized and tired at the same time. Can't really explain it.  HMMMMMM....











My body definitely feels lighter and I've lost 4 pounds as of the morning of day 4.  I am way less poofy and bloaty which was my goal, so that already makes me happy.

Last night I was craving sweet fruit again before bedtime.  I was up later than usual so I had a tsp of peanut butter and a glass of water instead.  I really didn't feel like making a smoothie or fruit ice cream in the blender, which brings me to a point as a tip.  If you are tired of smoothies, blend the frozen fruit without any added water and make it into an ice cream. (Frozen mango and banana work well for this if you have a high speed blender) You can always blend some greens with a little fruit separate from the "ice cream" and drink that along with having the ice cream.  That way you can make sure you get your greens in as well as change things up a bit.

I have been consuming 32ish ounces of smoothie a day along with a fresh light meal of salad and/or veggie soup and snacks.

Here is my basic EASY BEAN SOUP recipe:


  • 1 - 14.5 ounce can diced tomato with onions and peppers or two large chopped fresh tomatoes
  • 2 cans of beans of choice - I prefer white beans, black beans or pinto beans or a combo
  • 1 bouillon cube - I use a chicken flavored one that is vegetarian
  • 4 cups of water
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Cajun spice mix or cayenne pepper to taste, if desired
  • fresh herbs like basil or cilantro and chopped red onion to garnish each bowl
  • 1 tsp of nutritional yeast for garnish on each bowl

Pour first 4 ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.  Lower heat and add spices.  Simmer 10-15 minutes.  Adjust seasoning, garnish with herbs, onion and nutritional yeast if desired and serve.  This makes 6 servings about 120 calories each.
I sometimes also add fresh or frozen greens to the soup and corn.


Comments

Popular Posts