Dope Baddie Body Challenge!!! Day 1 recap

Lose 20lbs in 10 Days??? - Day 1!




DAY ONE

Let me say this, I realize from reading about this challenge and seeing other people's results that I am too small to lose 20lbs,   Most of the people who lose 20lbs or close to it are men or overweight.  I am neither.  I am not doing this to lose a massive amount of weight.

My goal: 
Get rid of some holiday bloating and replenish my system from eating too many holiday treats.
No bloat!  Nourished body!  Cleansed digestive system! All these things for me equals a dope banging body!

To start this challenge I decided to ease into the first three days to allow myself a better transition from detox symptoms.  I suffer from migraines so I had no desire to get caffeine headaches from giving up coffee and fatigue from low calorie intake.

I will take things slow and allow myself to wean caffeine and nut mylk from my daily intake.  I figure 3 days of slowly cutting these things out should be enough to allow me to get things going without suffering too much.  We will see.  I reserve the right to keep my black coffee. (for safety reasons of course...I may cause harm to myself or others with no caffeine in my system...JK!)

First day I made a green juice/smoothie with collards, tropical frozen fruits and spring greens.
I also made a bean soup with pinto beans, fresh puree tomato, cannellini beans, spinach and corn.
I had 40 ounces of the smoothie and 3 bowls of my bean soup.  I added fresh squeezed lemon on top of each bowl and some nutritional yeast on one bowl.

I had one cup of detox tea called Smooth Move and half a cup of regular coffee with a splash of homemade almond mylk.

This day I felt decent most of the time. I did a light weight workout and some yoga with no problems.  I found myself to be thirsty often.  I drank water with lemon all day.  I didn't measure the amount but a good guess would be that I drank at least 8 glasses.  Tomorrow I will drink more.

I didn't have my first meal or smoothie until 12 noon.  I also practice intermittent fasting so I will continue that and see how I hold up.  I usually eat my first meal between noon and 3pm and stop eating by 8pm on most days.  I am willing to forgo intermittent fasting for the challenge if I start to feel the need to eat earlier in the day.

So far so good...stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts