Simple Mono Meals -Take Out & Carry On CHEAP!

One of the problems I run into trying to eat healthy is eating on the go.  Let's face it, take out salads are usually YUCK. Brown wilted lettuce, dry toppings, processed bits of I don't know what....not the picture of health.  One time I went to a fast food place and ordered a salad and it smelled like a swimming pool!  Chlorine was overpowering me. Uck!

The other option for me is to stop at a local grocer and pick up raw or organic treats.  My favorites are Brad's Raw Kale Chips($6.99), a half gallon of fresh squeezed juice ($14), and a large salad from an organic salad bar ($12).....as you can see, that adds up and is really not practical on a daily basis.  I choose to budget my money differently than that.  

Planning a little in advance and prepping your own to go food at home and taking it with you, pays off in multiple ways. 

One---You know the source of your food.  You don't have to worry about if Jane in the back washed the fruit or if little Bonny sneezed on it.  You washed it and packed it at home. If you sneezed on it, you only have your own germs to worry about. 

Two---It goes without saying that you can buy whole food for much less at a grocery or warehouse than at a restuarant, but I'm gonna say it anyway.  Save your money and buy whole food, not processed treats.  Shop at grocery stores. You get more for your money. 

Three---Self care is key.  There is something very gratifying to me about feeding myself fresh, whole, real food. This is how I take care of myself.  This is how I invest in my health.  My diet is one of the few things I can control.  

Below you see my grapes all ready for the snacking in a lock top container. (BPA free)  

Here you see my lovely fresh juices all packed in their glass containers and ready to head out in my cooker bag. 

I have some cool glass straws and sippy tops for these babies and we are gonna hit the streets!

Voila!  Enjoy your day!


Comments

  1. Great reminders. I'm always too tired at night to prep next day's meals for work and get caught being late to work packing them up day off. Too much chance of someone stealing food from work fridge to do multiple days at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! I pack foods in airtight bowls and keep them in the fridge at home. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts