Dope Baddie Body Challenge - Day 11 - THE END?

What Happens Now?  After the Smoothie Challenge is Over?

This is my usual plan of attack for health and frugal living.  Eating at home.  Eating whole foods that are not in boxes and bags.  Grocery shopping instead of take out.  Buying in bulk at a wholesale club or wholesale market. If you don't consume animal products your grocery bill is even lower. These are my best suggestions on ways to save money while living healthy.

I plan to continue doing a green drink every day at least once a day.  I find the green infusion a welcome addition to my day again.  I used to juice a lot and kinda fell off for legit reasons...time and expense.  Now I am changing gears a bit and focused on having one green smoothie a day.  I sleep better.  I wake more alert.  My skin is softer.  My nails are harder.  I have a flat tummy with no poofiness. (Yes.  I made that word up.) These are all great reasons to continue now that the challenge is over.  I debated doing another week, but I don't want to.  Is that a good enough of a reason...debates silently head for a moment....YES.  IT IS A GOOD REASON.  ROTFL



I will continue to do a green drink daily tho.  I will have one after my workouts or in the evening as a snack.  But most importantly I am infusing my body with more minerals and vitamins from whole foods.

The ways to make juice or smoothies affordable are to:

  1. Buy in bulk
  2. Buy frozen organic (for smoothies) 
  3. Freeze what you are not going to drink today so there is no waste
  4. Make your own juices and smoothies at home.  Do not buy pre-made bottled mixes or go to juice bars


I make some things in advance, pour the juice or smoothie into containers, leave a little room at the top for expansion and freeze them for drinking the next day or few days.  Yes, you lose some nutrients when you freeze and make ahead, but seriously....How many nutrients do you lose when you eat a burger and fries?  I don't have time to debate things like that.  I know I am better off drinking thawed spinach and carrot juice than I am chips and burgers.  My life is low key and I am not going to stress over being healthy.  That's someone else's battle.  Not mine.


Comments

Popular Posts