Burrito Madness!

COLLARD WRAPS....NOM NOM

This is one of my favorite ways to have burritos at home.  Collards leaves, when I can find them, are so nutritious and make a beautiful presentation for a savory lunch or dinner!

If you don't have collards, you can easily substitute any type of wrap you like.  I prefer greens because I don't really like flour tortillas and never have.  But don't let me stop you.  Wrap this mix in a flour tortilla if you like and munch away.


This dinner took me 7 minutes to make.

2 cups of mushrooms
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
1/2 to 1 whole avocado
1 jalapeno pepper

Throw the veggies above in a food processor or blender and pulse for a rough chop to make a spread still that has texture.  I seasoned mine with soy sauce, salt and pepper.


Trim some of the stem off the collard to make it easier to roll and wrap.

Line your green with some salad mix or lettuce.

Top with your mushroom spread and thin slices of red onion.

Roll and eat!


This is one of the best meals I make.  It is so easy to prepare.  Add fresh herbs and garlic or garlic power for even more flavor.  Fresh lemon is also a nice addition to the spread.  I use what I have and adapt the recipe accordingly.


Thanks for letting me share this with you!


Enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts