Post Workout Recovery Meal

Here is my post run meal from today. I am training to do a 5K and need good nutrition to recover from my running.  This is important for me because I am still lifting weights and lifting really breaks you down. You need good nutrition to give your body what it needs to rebuild stronger.  

I stopped spending money on canisters of protein and meal replacements and started focusing on whole foods.  Way way way cheaper!!!  And the plus is that I have found that my recovery is faster when consuming these whole food shakes.  So it's a win win for me!

This was a quick meal I whipped up in the blender instead of juicing. My smoothie was consumed first followed by a huge bowl of fruit.  Notice the big beautiful strawberry in the middle.  It was shaped like a heart before I cut the leaves off.  Sooooo pretty and soooo yummy!



Post Run Smoothie

1 cup cold green tea 
1 cup blueberries
1 cup spinach
1 cup pineapple 

Add more filtered water or coconut water to achieve the consistency you desire and blend for about 1 minute on high or go longer to get it smooth.  I use a lot of liquid because I wanted a very juicy consistency.  

This smoothie is full of dark fruits and veggies to aid in recovery.  The green tea is a metabolic fat burning boost.  The pineapple makes it sweet!  

Enjoy and Slurp!



Comments

Popular Posts