Fruits and Veggies are Gross!

Whether I buy conventional or organic fruits and veggies, I give them a soak in apple cider vinegar and filtered water.  I know it's impossible to avoid all the chemicals in the world, but I try.  Oh do I try!

I separate organic and conventional and wash them in their own segregated baths so as not to mix up chemicals where there are none.  I don't trust them to co-mingle. LOL

Here are some berries and plums set out to soak for about 30 minutes to remove waxes and pesticides. 

I use 1 part ACV to 10 parts water.  

Just to totally make you want to puke, here is what was in the basin after removing the fruit. 


Gross!

The moral of the story....wash your fruits and veggies.  E'nuff said. ;-)

Comments

  1. I buy a lot of my fruits and vegetables locally two Saturdays a month. I have regularly gone outside to rinse the bugs from my greens before even getting to the step of soaking them in the sink. Something I found out was putting them in the cold does not kill them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts