Mock Tuna Salad - Lunch Wraps Made Easy and Cheap

Here is a quick and easy recipe I made the other day when I was craving tuna salad.  

My goal is to truly make meat and animal products the exception to my rules.  Recipes like this help. One because they are flavorful and easy. Two because foods like beans are cheap!!!


"Tuna" Salad

1 can of chickpeas or cannellini beans
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup chopped/minced celery
1/2 cup chopped/minced red onions
Old bay seasoning to taste
Crushed red pepper to taste
2 tablespoons Nayonaisse or low fat mayo 
1/2 tablespoon spicy mustard 
Several (3-5) Crushed seaweed nori sheets to add to salad blend
Nori sheets for each collard green wrap 
Collard leaves, de-stemmed. 

Smash first nine ingredients into a bowl and blend up until you get a smooth consistency. There can still be chunks. This adds to the texture in my opinion. 

Taste and add more seasoning or lemon juice to your preference.  My salad is savory, but if you prefer, you can also add chopped sweet pickles, dried cranberries or raisins to get a sweeter taste.  (Trust me. It's good.)

Line each collard leaf with seaweed and then add dollops of the salad.  Roll like a burrito and enjoy!


Nom nom!!

Comments

Popular Posts