Brown Rice for Breakfast? YES!

Cheap Tip--- Listen, forget those little grocery store bags of rice with 10 servings!  Go to an Asian market or Costco and buy a big huge bag of brown rice15lbs for $13-15.  I find a myriad of ways to use it. 

Brown rice is an easy whole grain to steam or boil and then put into whatever you want.  It has protein and is soooo filling for you, if you eat grains.  Treat yourself to a rice cooker and you just made it even easier for yourself. Set it in the evenig and the rice is hot and ready in the morning for you. 

One way that a lot of people don't try is to serve brown rice for breakfast.  

Here's my favorite brown rice breakfast bowl. 

I warm 1 cup of brown rice with a little coconut oil (about 1 tsp) for essential fatty acids & brain health and add some raw sugar for a little sweetness.  Then I top it with almonds for protein and blueberries for antioxidants.  I also like to do this with strawberries.  Delish!


Nom Nom!!!

Comments

Popular Posts