My NEW FAVORITE CHEAP PASTA RECIPE!!!

YES!!!  I'm excited about this update.  Can you tell????  Holy veggie pasta??!!  Holy tubers!?? I spiralized some sweet potatoes today.  Momma Nature hooked me up on this one.  

I usually make zucchini pasta and I "like" it BUT the noodles are kinda watery and I don't like that about them.  I drain them, towel dry them...paper towel them....still...enough with the water already!  

I have seen some chefs on you tube use sweet potato for noodles and decided to give it a try.  

First let me say that my spiralizer was a pain in the azz when trying to spiralize the sweet potato.  The potato kept slipping, the little thing that hooks the potato into the spiralizer and holds it, kept losing the hold...I can't explain it.  Suffice it to say, it was annoying! But let me tell you, it was worth it!!

Here is the end result of my spiral adventure.  

TIP-- Peel the sweet potato first. The texture is better without the skin.  

I topped these orange jewels with the following marinara sauce.  This sauce is full of protein, lycopene and antioxidants and best of all, it's EASY!

FYI-This is for one serving.   Double or triple as needed.  You can't mess this up. I promise!

Cilantro Marinara Sauce

4 Campari tomatoes
10-15 Cherry Tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
1/8 cup of walnuts (soaked overnight in spring water if you can...if not, no worries!)
1 tsp of Olive oil
Handful of fresh cilantro (save a few leaves for garnish.  You can also use fresh basil or fresh parsley.)

Dump all the above with the exception of 5 cherry tomatoes into a blender or small food processor and process on low speed until blended.  Then add the remaining cherry tomatoes and pulse until just chopped to give the sauce some texture. 
Pour the sauce over the sweet potato noodles. Garnish with a few cilantro leaves and eat!!!

If you want a dash more flavor add some cayenne, sea salt and fresh squeezed lemon on top.  



Mangia mangia!




Comments

Popular Posts