Spaghetti and Not Meatballs

This is my absolute favorite raw recipe. 
For the pasta use 2 zucchini per person.  Sooo pretty.  

Cheap tip:  Don't feel you need to buy an expensive kitchen gadget. You can use a vegetable peeler to make the noodles. You can use a knife to chop the tomatoes and serve al fresco style. Or use a personal bullet type blender to make the sauce. Use what you have!

The "not"meat balls are soaked walnuts (8 hours) or you can skip the soak and just use them as is. I find the taste is better if I soak them some. Even if it's just for 30 minutes while I make the other items.  Grind up the nuts in a blender or food processor with the following ingredients:  

Walnut Meatballs [makes 12, 4 servings of 3 meatballs]
1 1/3 cups raw walnuts soaked for several hours 
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 teaspoons Nama Shoyu soy sauce or Tamari or Braggs Aminos (this gives the best flavor to the "not"meat balls so don't skip it)
1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced or a 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or garlic salt
1 teaspoon sliced green onion (white part only)
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced plus some for garnish
Dash of sea salt 
Dash of ground pepper
Dash of cayenne (optional)

I form the mixture into balls and dehydrate to warm them for about an hour.  I turn them once during the drying time. You can also use the mixture like a chopped ground meat and just put it directly in the sauce without dehydrating. #timesaver!

I prefer to top my dish with a fresh marinara sauce.  I toss the following in the blender, pulse it and serve it with the noodles:

Several fresh tomatoes
Fresh basil leaves
Drizzle of extra virgina olive oil 
Dash of pink salt or kosher salt or skip it.  

Delish!


Comments

Popular Posts