Flu, Virus, Tummy Flu

Even healthy lifestyle can't help you prevent everything.  I spent 4-5 days recently not able to keep anything down.  Some call it stomach flu... who knows I may have had food poison or a parasite. It was just Yuck!

Here is how I replenished myself after I was able to keep foods down and the vomiting and other gastric distresses subsided. 

Clear Veggie Broth
I simmered all the veggies I had at the time, cabbage, carrots, celery, onions and lots of garlic until soft.  Then I sipped the broth with a dash of nutritional yeast from a cup until I could move on to some soft solids. 

Vegetable Soup
Once I could keep down solids, I added the vegetables back in along with some fresh spinach and mushroom to replenish my vitamins and minerals. 


Then I moved on to adding some light juices and whole bananas back into my diet. I needed to nourish without overloading my system with too much fiber...my system was already clean enough!  (Know what I mean?) 

I juiced some carrots, apples and later added some juiced blueberries to the mix to add antioxidants. 
I found these options an easy way to replenish my system and heal after such a tough bought of stomach flu. 

I hope this helps. 

FYI I went to the doctor after 48 hours of not being able to eat or drink much. Don't be a martyr.  Doctors can help!

Be well!  

Comments

Popular Posts