Vegan Pho First Attempt! be kind...

Ok. First of all. Let me just say that this was good as "EFF"! (Say it in your head.....you'll get it.  This is a family show.)

I soaked mushrooms in water, tamari and red pepper flakes overnight to make a broth.  Then added Chinese five spice, salt, pepper and a dash of nutmeg to taste. Yes. Nutmeg. Trust me.  
The next day-
Poured the room temp broth over various veggies of my choice and added fresh herbs. Everything in the fridge.... Ok?!
I also kicked it up with some cayenne to solve my runny nose.  Boom!  Fall's finest.  You can warm it for a vegan broth that is filling and warm and snuggly like your Boo!  It's up to you.  This recipe is flexible like me. :-)

You can use squash noodles, rice noodles, kelp noodles, pasta noodles or omit the noodles altogether. ....but then without noodles it won't be Pho. (Hey, Purists...This is my version of Pho.  Let's call it Fake Pho)

Bon appetit!

Comments

Popular Posts