Stuffed Poblano Peppers! Yummeee

Football season puts me in the mood for spinach and artichoke dip.  But my lawd!  That stuff has a lot of fat in it. 

So I made these peppers to satisfy the craving and to eat something decadent and creamy without making my butt get bigger. Haha!

I soaked cashew nuts overnight. Then blended them with some water, salt, pepper, red pepper, and lemon juice to make a cashew cream cheese.  Then I added chopped spinach, orange peppers, cilantro and parsley.  Sprinkle cumin on top.  I stuffed this into Poblano Peppers.  Oh my!  I wish I had made more. 

This recipe has a base of one cup of cashews.  So it's about 850 heart healthy calories for the entire recipe.  Perfect for snacking to share and eat with other goodies like fruit or dinner for two with a salad. 

Come on Babay!  It's football Sunday!!!

Comments

Popular Posts