Wheatgrass? Yuck! But.....

Soooo I bought a wheatgrass kit.  I'm gonna start growing my own.  But......so far the box of seeds is just sitting waiting for me to open it. Can't get much nutrition from a cardboard box. Can I?

Plan B. I found some fresh cut wheatgrass at the grocery store.  So despite all the warnings that vitamix couldn't handle the wheatgrass....I decided to try it anyway. 


I don't have a wheatgrass juicer.  So I found a blender method online and decided to try it. 

I used wheatgrass, ice cold water, and some frozen wheatgrass from the first batch I made.  (You can use a regular ice cube on the first try.)


The first batch went right into the vitamix and she whipped that wheatgrass right up with no problem. Bam! Bam!

1 cup ice cold filtered water
1/4 cup grass (This was an estimate. Who can measure grass in a cup? I mean really.....?)

Blend on high for one minute.  Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a measuring cup. 

I poured two shots. Then poured the rest in a container to freeze.  The frozen wheatgrass ice will work well for the next batch.  This is a mild batch that will help you get used to the flavor of the grass.  

Spoiler alert: It tastes like grass.  


The next batch I used: (this is a stronger batch)

1 cup of wheatgrass
1 cup of water
2 ounces of frozen wheatgrass juice. 

Blend on high for one minute. Same as above.  Strain. Pour.  Enjoy! 

Do NOT TRY THIS IN A NORMAL HUMAN BLENDER.  Vitamix is a space gadget that can handle the fibers. Your regular blender will die if you try this.  You have been warned. 

I can't say Bon Apetit.  Cus wheatgrass is yucky. But so good for you!  So DRINK UP!  

Comments

Popular Posts