Shrimp Tacos! Vamos a Mexico!

This isn't vegan or vegetarian... But it is full of heart healthy Omega 3's and is low fat and most importantly it's delicious!.... Which is all I care about anyway. Taste!

Here I grilled wild caught shrimp that I peeled and deveined tossed with taco seasonings - salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, chili powder and garlic powder. 

Warmed some corn taco shells. 

Filled the taco shells with grilled shrimp, lettuce, salsa, and avocado. 

Use large lettuce leaves only instead of taco shells for a paleo or low carb version that is PHENOMENAL.....if I do say so myself. 

Don't hurt yourself on these tacos. Haha  They are so good that my taste tester said he almost bit his own tongue trying to get to the yumminess!

*note...Feel like splurging? Allergic to shrimp?  This can be done with crab meat too. Use jumbo lump, season and grill in a cast iron skillet. 

*frugal note .... I got my shrimp on sale and frozen.  Can't afford shrimp? Or want to do a vegan option? Use tofu. Rub the tofu and marinade overnight in the taco spices. Next day, grill just the same as you would the shrimp.  

Bon Apetit!

Comments

Popular Posts