Simple Pepper Vegetable Soup - Ten Minute Meal


This is an easy soup I make with beans, rice, frozen veggie, carmelized onions and vegetable broth.

First I use vegetable broth as the base.  (You can purchase pre made broth) But I like to simmer carrots, onions, garlic, yellow peppers, salt and pepper until the veggies are soft. Then strain it and use it the broth for soups and flavorings.

Then i saute a small yellow onion in olive oil.  Saute until the onion is soft and translucent.

Put 4 cups of broth in a saucepan.  Add the onions.  Then add one half can of beans of choice (I prefer cannellini beans or white beans), 1/2 cup of cooked brown or white rice, 1 cup of frozen veggies.

I serve this with a hearty slice of whole grain sprouted bread or croutons on top of the soup.

This is a nice appetizer or meal depending on what your mood is.  It is also great when you are sick of salad!

Go for it.  Easy Peasy.  10 minute meal!

Comments

Popular Posts