Cravings and Hormones and Random Rants

This may be TMI, so forgive me for sharing, but I have the worst PMS ever known to mankind. My hormones rage!  I am sleepy, cranky, hungry and the worst is that I crave crazy food combinations.    Bbq chips and ice cream.  Bbq ribs and spaghetti.  Tortilla chips and coffee.  It's a crazy time and I hate every minute of it. 
I fight my PMS naturally through nutrition.   I stuff myself with herb teas, veggies, greens, fruits and juices.  Anything I can do to provide a surge of nutrition to create balance in a system that overflows with madness!  

Here is one of my favorite PMS busting recipes. 

This is a no fat ice cream I made in the ever famous Vitamix. If you ever doubted and thought that this machine wasn't worth the money, wait until you see it tear into some frozen food and turn it into custard.  Omg!  Bring me life.  

Nice Cream

2 frozen bananas
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen mango
1/4 frozen pineapple 
1 tbsp organic vanilla 
1 tbsp raw sugar (omit if you don't want it to be too sweet)

Dump all fruits into high speed blender (don't use a regular blender. You will burn it out.)
Use a tamper type device to push the fruit against the blades until a creamy custard emerges to make all right with the world.  



Thank me later when your belly is full of these lovely nutrients, sweetness, creaminess and nothing bad at all. Mmmmmmn!


Comments

Popular Posts