Dessert can be Delish!

So tonight I made strawberry tarts for dessert for my family. I had mine for dinner cus I'm grown and sexy and I can eat dessert for dinner if I want to! Lol!

I purchased some fresh strawberries from  Costco yesterday and used some pantry items to make a crust and some cream topping. 

Cheap Tip-- I wouldn't advise going shopping just to make this dish.  That practice can be cost prohibitive.  I never really shop for "recipes" because you end up with a bunch of items in the fridge you don't eat later.  That can be a waste.  However, if you look for recipes that utilize ingredients you already have in your house, you can save money and also be creative by shaking up your routine. 

I used dried mulberries, dates and walnuts in my crust for this tart.  (Skip the mulberries if you don't have them on hand. They are pricey as hell and the crust can be made with any chopped nut, dates or a combination of both.)

I blended the above ingredients in the food processor and placed them on the bottom layer of a tartlette or mini quiche dish. 

Topped the layer with strawberry slices and a purée made of strawberries and maple syrup. 

Added another layer of strawberries. 

Topped that with some sprinkles of raw sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. 

Then I whipped up some soaked cashew nuts with vanilla, raw sugar and homemade almond milk for a creamy topping. You can also top this with dairy cream, ice cream, soy ice cream, Greek yogurt, or leave it plain. 
 
Can you say omg? Omg!.....


 Bon appetite and Nom Nom Nom!

Comments

Popular Posts